1921 Alvarado Drive
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
Sat & Sun: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Stop by to purchase a variety of literature, medallions, and meeting schedules. See the price list.
You can also check out audio CDs of AA speakers from the Media Library.
The cost is only a $2 deposit.
Albuquerque Central Office
The purpose of Central Office is to coordinate the work of groups of Alcoholics Anonymous in and around the Albuquerque area and assist other such offices and groups within the State of New Mexico as requested. Our primary purpose is to carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous. The Central Office Shall:
• Serve as a clearing house of information relating to all A.A. groups, issue bulletins that report group activities and events of area-wide interest as well as changes in group servants, group mailing addresses, etc.
• Provide lists of meeting locations and times for all A.A. groups.
• Make available literature, schedules of meetings, a media library, and other such informative material pertaining to the A.A. program to anyone interested.
• Cooperate with other organizations interested in helping alcoholics such as hospitals, medical societies, schools, correctional facilities, and other interested and appropriate groups.
• Have available for sale A.A. World Service Literature and Grapevine material.
• Actively cooperate with New Mexico Area 46.- Excerpted from Central Office of Albuquerque, Inc. By-Laws, Amended and Restated July 9, 2006
Central Office Steering Committee
Committee Chair: Doug C.
Vice Chair: Chris C.
Treasurer: Tim T.
Website Editor: Oris S.
Schedule Editor: Lydia R.
Community Outreach: Vacant
Special Needs Coordinator: Robin C.
Media Librarian: Ric R.
Intergroup Liaison: Vacant
Central Office Coordinator: Debra K.
Alt Coordinator: George M.
Qualifications for Steering Committee membership, duties, and terms of office
• The Steering Committee monitors and supports Central Office operations and makes necessary proposals to Intergroup representatives.
• Any member of Alcoholics Anonymous with experience with the Central Office having at least 2 years of continuous sobriety shall be eligible for office.- Central Office By-laws, Article V, Section 2
• In addition to their other duties, every member is a voting member of the Steering Committee.
• Each member shall attend monthly Steering Committee Meetings at 7:00 PM on the Tuesday prior to the Intergroup Representatives Meeting.
• Steering Committee members shall also attend the Intergroup Representatives Meeting on the second Sunday of each month at 2:00 PM.
• The monthly general Steering Committee meeting is held at St. Mark’s on the Mesa Episcopal Church: 431 Richmond Place NE.
• The monthly general Intergroup Representatives meeting is held at the Brownbaggers location: 3939 San Pedro NE, Bldg. F, Suite A
• All steering committee members shall be elected by the Intergroup Representatives for a term of two years, with elections held each year for half of the members (“staggered” terms). Officers shall be eligible for reelection to the same office for one succeeding two-year term.